Translate

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Ready or Not

Ready or not, it's time to go back to school. Spring break is over, even if it feels like winter outside, and we must return to our normal routine. I had a long list of tasks I wanted to accomplish, and was able to finish a few big ones (fence=finished) as well as some small. I could really use another week, but that isn't an option. I'll just have to complete the rest of the list slowly over the next couple of months as time allows. Since soccer season has begun, we will have two fewer evenings to accomplish weekly tasks. This means we'll pick up the slack on our already busy weekends. That means it's going to take a long time to clear my entire list!  So, how will I do it all?  I'll take my spring break list and rework it into a spring list. I'll prioritize and make adjustments for time. If I factor in dance recital, Easter, Jason's travel, and my Jeff City work, I should be able to come up with a realistic time line for accomplishing my tasks.

I love a good list. If I don't make lists and prioritize, my mind races and I complete nothing. When I make a list, it forces me to plan out how I will meet my goals and what I need in order to make it happen. Some people can do this through thinking, but mine has to be concrete. I can use pen and paper, or I can make a digital copy. As long as there is some way for me to plan it out, I'm going to be successful.  How about you?  Can you trust yourself to get everything done without having it in writing, or are you like me and need a record of your plan to hold you accountable?

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am a list-maker! I typically have post-it notes all over my desk and a digital sticky note on my laptop. I must say I am even guilty of writing things on my list that I've already completed just so I can cross something off and feel good about myself!

    ReplyDelete