Translate

Friday, March 21, 2014

The Fence, Day 4

We continued working on the fence today, from sunrise until after dark. I must disclose that our "sunrise" didn't begin until 10:00 am because we slept in. We were exhausted from working past dark yesterday, so I think it can be forgiven. Hopefully we'll finish by tomorrow night. We have soccer practice in the morning and must run to Lowes for a missing pole, but the rest of the day will be devoted to the fence. There has been a lot of laughter, and even more patience. My husband and I have entirely different working styles, so there is some give and take. I see things as parts, or steps. He sees the project as a whole. He wants to dive right in, while I prefer to plan every detail before beginning. Normally we struggle to work together, but the fence has been different. We have both been more subtle with our leadership and willing to follow when it is best.  It has been nice to work well with someone I care so deeply for.  Often I want to scream and pull my hair out when we tackle a task together. I'm really hopeful that this mutual respect will continue into The Fence, Day 5 because I'd hate to end on a bad note. We have sunburns, scratches all over our arms, sore hands, smashed fingers, aching feet, and throbbing backs. However, as long as we have smiles, it will continue to be fun and will inspire us to take on another home improvement project as a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment