Translate

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Late

Okay, so I technically missed a post. I'm still awake on what feels like Wednesday night, but is in all actuality very early Thursday morning. I suspected this was going to happen because I've been getting closer and closer to midnight with each post.  I worked all day in the yard and was ready to call it a night at 9:45. That's when I popped in a movie, a very long movie, from Red Box. I'm just now slipping into bed. I was skimming the news, as I do each night before falling asleep, when I realized I hadn't posted today. My eyes shot up to look at the time display on the iPad. My heart sank when I realized it wasn't Wednesday anymore and I had missed my post.  What do you think?  Did I miss a post because the clock struck midnight, or does this count because I'm still awake for today?  My brain says I missed it, but my heart says I didn't. What is your opinion?  Am I still on track to complete the challenge, or did I fail?  Something I've struggled with for as long as I can remember is the perfectionist view that if I can't do something perfectly, there is no point in doing it at all.  Strangely, I don't feel that way about this challenge. For some reason, I think just giving it a shot is good enough. Am I losing my drive, or is it just late?

No comments:

Post a Comment