Translate

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Turquoise Treasures

Today, the fam and I attended The Hip Handmade Market in Webb City at The Clubhouse community and events center. We love shopping at antique and junk stores because we can find unique things for our home. When we left the house, we thought that was what we would encounter at this event. Instead, we discovered two stories of handmade art from regional artisans. There was nothing junky here!  These items were incredibly creative and beautiful. The hip-factor was quite high. All of the artists were hipsters donning American Apparel, Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, plaid, mustaches, ironic eye glasses, or other vintage-inspired gear. I felt slightly out of place, but that insecurity vanished when I began to notice all of the turquoise treasures. I, of course, wanted to buy them all, but had to choose my favorites. I'm happy with my finds, and picked up a lot of business cards to do some online shopping when I have more extra money. Check out my special stuff!

Suminagashi (Japanese Marbling) make-up bag. Beautiful!

Love Factory (Woodblock print)
We had it matted and framed this afternoon. I'm not sure about the mat color...

"Remember, it's okay to be happy with a calm life." Print
I adore this!  I'm always saying how important it is that my life remain stable and calm. No drama!

Hand stitched arrow pillow case. 
This may be my favorite!  It compliments the 5 foot distressed wooden arrow my husband and I made for a big, blank, boring kitchen wall. Arrows are my favorite shape!









No comments:

Post a Comment